Dorset Downs Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Dorset Downs area of the South West region of England, including Wells, Warminster, Weymouth, Bournemouth and Poole.
The county of Dorset offers a wealth of wonderful sights, scenery and heritage. The Jurassic Coast, a Natural World Heritage Site, stretches from the Isle of Purbeck - a peninsula home to sandy beaches, sand dunes and heathland - into east Devon, and offers a 'walk through time' with rocks recording 185 million years of the Earth's history. National Route 2 runs along the coast of the county and forms part of the Tour de Manche, an international cycle route through south west England and northern France.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 2 between Axminster and Bournemouth via Bridport and Dorchester
- National Route 3 between Wells and Creech St Michael via Bridgewater and Glastonbury
- National Route 24 between Frome and Quidhampton
- National Route 25 between Bournemouth and Longleat House
- National Route 253 - formerly Regional Route 41 - runs in a loop off National Route 25, taking in Blandford Forum, Shaftesbury, Gillingham (Dorset), Sturminster Newton and Okeford Fitzpaine
- National Route 254 from East Knoyle to Wilton
- Route 256 / Castleman Trail
- National Route 26 between Weymouth and Glastonbury via Sherborne and Dorchester
- Regional Route 30 from Pitney to Castle Cary, and Ilminster to North Coker
- National Route 33 / Stop Line Way between Creech St Michael and Axminster
- National Route 339 from Bridgwater to Barrington (near Ilminster) via Langport and South Petherton
Published: July 2019
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
Printed on water and tear-resistant Polyart recycleable paper, category 2 HDPE
Thanks for looking at this Dorset Downs Cycle Map 5 - Sustrans - Including The Castleman Trail. We may have more Sustrans products and Books & Maps available. If you've any questions, give our friendly team a call.
Please click here to view our shipping policy and prices (opens another page).
Click here to view our returns information (opens another page).
For all other queries please feel free to call us on (01729) 824232
APPLY AT CHECKOUT OR IN-STORE
Your new dream bike, kit and clothing are just a few simple clicks away. Whether you're after brand new bike for heading off-road, upgrading your wheels or tracking your performance with a GPS computer, we've got a range of payment options to help you spread the cost.
Spend £250 or more on any items with us (even discounted items) and you can spread the cost with finance. It only takes minutes and you don't even need to leave a deposit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.