The Fens Cycle Map 20 - Sustrans - Including Fenland Trail, Fens Cycleway
The Fens Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Fens area of the East of England, including King's Lynn, Boston, Peterborough and Grantham.
Directly across the North Sea from the low-lying lands of The Netherlands is a similar English landscape known as The Fens. This region of England was once fresh or salt-water wetland, drained many centuries ago for its fertile soil. Like the Netherlands, the area provides excellent terrain for cycling with some of the flattest, longest and straightest sections of road in Europe. This includes a superb section of National Cycle Network Route 1, the longest overall National Cycle Route, running from Ingoldisthorpe to Boston via King's Lynn and Wisbech.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 1 (North Sea Cycle Route) between King's Lynn and Boston via Wisbech and Holbeach.
- National Route 11 between Ely and King's Lynn via Downham Market.
- National Route 12 between Spalding and Hamerton via Peterborough.
- National Route 53 between Peterborough and Cotterstock
- National Route 63 between Oakham and Wisbech via Stamford, Peterborough and March.
- Regional Route 21 around Peterborough (Peterborough Green Wheel)
- Regional Routes 74 and 75 around Corby
Published: May 2018
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
Printed on water and tear-resistant Polyart recycleable paper, category 2 HDPE
We Also Recommend
Coast and Castles South NN1C Newcastle - Edinburgh Sustrans Cycle Route Map