Salsa Timberjack SLX 27.5+
The Salsa Timberjack SLX 27.5+ boasts modern trail bike geometry and short chainstays for scrambling up those techy climbs, making it perfect for navigating everything from tough trails to your favourite bit of singletrack. Up front the RockShox Recon RL fork is made for aggressive riding, taking the punishment so you don’t have to. SLX gearing from Shimano offers the usual responsiveness and reliability.. Whether you’re planning a day out in the Lake District or a multi-day adventure somewhere further afield, the Timberjack is exactly the bike you want.
The Salsa Timberjack In Brief:
- 6066-T6 and 6061-T6 light, responsive and durable aluminium frame that gives a great trail feel.
- The Timberjack uses a long top tube and short stem to put you in a great confidence inspiring position on the trail. The same stem lengths, offsets and angles appear on every frame size for a consistent experience. Really short chainstays (420mm) make the Salsa Timberjack a very agile and nippy trail bike.
- 27.5 x 2.8 Tyres provide both confidence and smooth out the trail ahead.
- Rockshox Recon 130mm forks to soak up those bumps.
- Trans-X Remote dropper seatpost and stealth cable routing.
- Salsa's alternator dropout features on the Timberjack so you can run gears, singlespeed, QR, Thru-axle, Rohloff or freehub. The choice is yours. You can also set the dropouts further forward for nimble handling or slide them back for more stability.
- Add between 2 and 3 bottle cages depending on frame size.
- Desiged for use with the Salsa Alternator Rear Rack but you'll need to use a Salsa Rack-Lock seat collar.
- Frame: Aluminium
- Fork: RockShox Recon RL 130mm Travel 15x110
- Rear Mech: SLX
- Cassette: SLX 11-46t
- Chainset: RaceFace Ride 30t
- Shifter: SLX
- Brakes: Shimano MT400 180/160mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 10
- Stem: Salsa Guide Trail
- Bars: Salsa Salt Flat / Rustler
- Grips: Salsa File Tread
- Seatpost: TranzX Dropper
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport
- Wheels: WTB
- Tyres: WTB Ranger Comp
- Bike Weight: 30lb 4oz (Medium)