Kent Cycle Map 8 - Sustrans - Crab & Winkle Way, Viking Coastal Trail
Kent Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Kent area of the South East region of England, including Ramsgate, Margate, Hastings, Dover, Canterbury and Royal Tunbridge Wells.
Kent is known as the Garden of England, and fruit orchards abound and old hop oast houses dot the landscape. There is a great coastline with plenty of seaside towns, cliff views, wonderful wildlife , lots of historic sites including the Cathedral city of Canterbury, beautiful marsh landscapes and the North Downs national park.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 1 between Dover and Gravesend via Canterbury and Rochester, including the Crab & Winkle Way.
- National Route 2 between Bexhill and Dover via Folkestone, including the Chalk & Channel Way.
- National Route 17 between Rochester and Canterbury.
- National Route 18 between Royal Tunbridge Wells and Ashford.
- National Route 21 Hailsham to Eridge Green
- Route 174 from Kemsley to Sheerness
- Route 177 from Northfleet to Strood
- Route 179 / Heron Trail- loop off Route 1 north of Gillingham
- Regional Route 11 from near Shadoxhurst to near Lydd
- Regional Route 15 between Whitstable and Sandwich which takes in the Oyster Bay Trail and the Viking Coastal Trail via Margate and Ramsgate.
- Regional Route 16 between Canterbury and Dover.
- Regional Route 17 between Dover and Patrixbourne via Hawkings.
Published: September 2015
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
We Also Recommend
Coast and Castles South NN1C Newcastle - Edinburgh Sustrans Cycle Route Map