South Cumbria & the Lake District Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers South Cumbria and the Lake District National Park in the north west of England, including Workington, Barrow-in-Furness, Kendal, Keswick, Penrith and Appleby-in-Westmorland.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 10 from Cockermouth to near Sebergham
- National Route 6 between Yealand Storrs and Ambleside via Kendal and Windermere.
- National Route 68 between south of Sedbergh to Leadgate via Appleby-in-Westmorland. This makes up part of the Pennine Cycleway.
- National Route 7 between Welton and Leadgate via Penrith.
- National Route 70 between Barrow-in-Furness and Kirkby Stephen. This forms the principle route of the Walney to Wear and Whitby (W2W) long distance ride.
- National Route 71 from Workington to Appleby-in-Westmorland via Cockermouth, Keswick and Penrith with an arm from Cleator Moor to Thornthwaite. This makes up the western third of the C2C route.
- National Route 72 between Ravenglass and Allonby via Whitehaven and Workington. This forms the beginning of Hadrian’s Cycleway.
- National Route 700 between Barrow-in-Furness and Silverdale. This makes up part of the Bay Cycle Way.
- Regional Route 37 from Greenodd to Ambleside
You can also use this map for the new Lakes & Dales Loop route (you have to highlight the non-NCN bits yourself)
Published: April 2015
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
Thanks for looking at this South Cumbria & The Lake District Cycle Map 31 - Sustrans - Walney to Wear & Whitby, Hadrian's Cycleway, Sea to Sea. We may have more Sustrans products and Books & Maps available. If you've any questions, give our friendly team a call.
Please click here to view our shipping policy and prices (opens another page).
Click here to view our returns information (opens another page).
For all other queries please feel free to call us on (01729) 824232
APPLY AT CHECKOUT OR IN-STORE
Your new dream bike, kit and clothing are just a few simple clicks away. Whether you're after brand new bike for heading off-road, upgrading your wheels or tracking your performance with a GPS computer, we've got a range of payment options to help you spread the cost.
Spend £250 or more on any items with us (even discounted items) and you can spread the cost with finance. It only takes minutes and you don't even need to leave a deposit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.