Shropshire, Staffordshire & the Black Country Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Shropshire, Staffordshire & the Black Country area of the Midlands region of England, including Birmingham, Stafford, Shrewsbury and Telford.
Located on the England-Wales border, Shropshire has a long history of mining and industry, embodied by the stunning Ironbridge Gorge, now a World Heritage site. The south of the county has significant hill ranges, river valleys and woods. Staffordshire incorporates wild moorlands and the beautiful forest of Cannock Chase, and the important pottery centre of Stoke-on-Trent as well as the Black Country, the industrial area to the north-west of Birmingham.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Please see our interactive map key for UK coverage of our pocket cycle map series.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 5 between Birmingham and Lichfield, and between Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent.
- National Route 44 between Shrewsbury and Craven's Arms via Bishops Castle.
- National Route 45 between Alveley and Bickley Moss via Bridgnorth, Ironbridge, Shawbury and Whitchurch.
- National Route 55 between Stafford and Colaport via Newport and Telford.
- National Route 552 between Newport and Sound via Market Drayton and Audlem.
- National Route 81 between Birmingham and the England Wales border via Wolverhampton, Telford and Shrewsbury.
- National Route 455 between Oswestry and Welsh End via Gobowen and Ellesmere.
- Regional Route 70 - Southern part of Chesire Cycleway between Shocklach and Wybunbury.
Shropshire Union Canal and Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (not part of the National Cycle Network)
Published: April 2016
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
Thanks for looking at this Shropshire, Staffordshire & The Black Country Cycle Map 22 - Sustrans. We may have more Sustrans products and Books & Maps available. If you've any questions, give our friendly team a call.
Please click here to view our shipping policy and prices (opens another page).
Click here to view our returns information (opens another page).
For all other queries please feel free to call us on (01729) 824232
APPLY AT CHECKOUT OR IN-STORE
Your new dream bike, kit and clothing are just a few simple clicks away. Whether you're after brand new bike for heading off-road, upgrading your wheels or tracking your performance with a GPS computer, we've got a range of payment options to help you spread the cost.
Spend £250 or more on any items with us (even discounted items) and you can spread the cost with finance. It only takes minutes and you don't even need to leave a deposit.