South Cambridgeshire, Beds & North Herts Cycle Map 17 - Sustrans
South Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the South Cambridgeshire, Beds & Herts area of the East of England, including Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Luton, St Albans and Harlow.
The historic city of Cambridge is perfect for cycling, and surrounding the city are quiet cycling routes leading into lowland countryside and to local wetland nature reserves. For more of a challenge, the Hertfordshire Chiltern hills boast beautiful chalk river valleys and picturesque towns and villages, and the Grand Union canal between Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes offers a chance to explore one of the UK's 'new towns' and Bletchley Park, the site of secret British code breaking activities during WWII.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 3 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 1 between Harlow and Cheshunt
- National Route 6 between Harpenden and Milton Keynes via Luton, Dunstable and Leighton Buzzard.
- National Route 11 between Stansted and Ely via Cambridge.
- National Route 12 (Great North Way) between Welwyn Garden City and Letchworth Garden City and from Sandy to Hamerton via St Neots, Grafham Water and Huntingdon.
- National Route 16 (Flitch Way) between Birchanger and Great Dunmow
- National Route 51 between Milton Keynes and Newmarket via Bedford, Sandy, Huntingdon and Cambridge.
- National Route 61 from St Albans to Hoddesdon
Published: April 2015
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
Printed on water and tear-resistant Polyart recycleable paper, category 2 HDPE