Severn & Thames Cycle Map 11 - Sustrans - Including Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Stroud & Swindon
Severn & Thames Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Severn & Thames area of the South West region of England, including Bristol, Bath, Bath & North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, North Wiltshire and Swindon.
This is a truly inspiring area to explore by bicycle. The Cotswolds, the UK's largest 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', the heights of the Mendip hills and the rolling fields of the Wiltshire countryside are just some of the places to offer spectacular scenery. The whole of the area is scattered with picturesque villages, welcoming country pubs, and places of historic interest. The Severn & Thames area is also home to the Bristol to Bath railway path, the very first Sustrans cycle route that guides you in perfect tranquillity between the two historic cities.
The pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 3 between Bristol and Wells.
- National Route 4 between Chepstow and Hungerford which follows the Bristol & Bath railway path and the Kennet & Avon Canal.
- National Route 24 between Midford and Frome via Radstock including the Colliers Way.
- National Route 41 between Bristol and Gloucester.
- National Route 42 around Cinderford
- National Route 45 between Figheldean to Frampton-on-Severn via Pewsey, Swindon, Cirencester and Stroud.
- National Route 48 between Cirencester and Northleach
- National Route 244 / Bath Two Tunnels Greenway between Bath and Midford.
- National Route 254 (Wiltshire Cycleway) between Westbury and Great Bedwyn via Bradford-on-Avon, Corsham, Malmesbury, Broad Hinton and Malborough.
- National Route 403 between Melksham and Great Bedwyn via Chippenham, Calne, Avebury and Malborough.
- National Route 410 / Avon Cycleway circular route around Bristol (missing the south western quarter out to Clevedon)
- National Route 57 between Witney and Northleach.
Published: November 2017
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
Printed on water and tear-resistant Polyart recycleable paper, category 2 HDPE
We Also Recommend
Coast and Castles South NN1C Newcastle - Edinburgh Sustrans Cycle Route Map