The rides have been designed with rider safety in mind, they are classed as easy, moderate or difficult; easy rides will be suitable for youngsters, moderate rides will provide a bit more of a challenge and difficult are longer or steeper and will test aspiring teenagers' stamina and map reading skills.
For each ride the author describes the ride and location before going on to provide route instructions that are accompanied by clear Ordnance Survey mapping with the route marked up on the map. Routes are accompanied by 'The Basics' - a box for the details of each ride, this contains the information that will help the reader decide whether the ride is suitable for their ability.
The book also caters for those without a bike; there are several rides that start at centres where the reader can hire a bike for the day. Whatever ride the reader chooses, they will, they will not be disappointed by some of the most spectacular vistas that Yorkshire has to offer.
List of Rides
01. East Yorkshire - The Humber Estuary (Easy) 9 miles
02. East Yorkshire - Market Weighton to Beverley (Moderate or Easy option) 22 miles
03. North Yorkshire (East) - Castle Howard (Moderate) 9 miles
04. North Yorkshire (East) - Hutton-le-Hole (Difficult) 13 miles
05. North Yorkshire (East) - Scarborough to Cloughton (Easy) 9 miles
06. North Yorkshire (East) - Sutton Bank (Moderate) 9 miles
07. North Yorkshire (East) - Whitby to Ravenscar (Easy) 22 miles
08. North Yorkshire (East) - York to Naburn (Easy) 12 miles
09. North Yorkshire (West) - Fewston and Swinsty Reservoirs (Easy) 6 miles
10. North Yorkshire (West) - Harrogate, Ripley and Knaresborough (Easy) 12 miles
11. North Yorkshire (West) - Pateley Bridge to How Stean Gorge (Difficult) 14 miles
12. North Yorkshire (West) - Skipton to Bolton Abbey (Moderate) 13 miles
13. South Yorkshire - Dearne and Don Valleys (Moderate) 25 miles
14. South Yorkshire - Penistone to Winscar Reservoir (Moderate or Easy option) 14 /11 miles
15. South Yorkshire - Wortley (Difficult) 16 miles
16. West Yorkshire - Anglers Country Park (Easy) 10 miles
17. West Yorkshire - Colne Valley (Easy) 14 miles
18. West Yorkshire - Lower Aire Valley (Moderate) 22 miles
19. West Yorkshire - Saltaire to Bingley and Keighley (Easy) 12 miles
20. West Yorkshire - Todmorden to Hebden Bridge and Sowerby Bridge (Easy) 19 miles
Thanks for looking at this Bradwell's Family Cycle Rides Yorkshire. We may have more 3 Peaks Cycles Bike Shop & Cafe products and Books & Maps available. If you've any questions, give our friendly team a call.
Please click here to view our shipping policy and prices (opens another page).
Click here to view our returns information (opens another page).
For all other queries please feel free to call us on (01729) 824232
APPLY AT CHECKOUT OR IN-STORE
Your new dream bike, kit and clothing are just a few simple clicks away. Whether you're after brand new bike for heading off-road, upgrading your wheels or tracking your performance with a GPS computer, we've got a range of payment options to help you spread the cost.
Spend £250 or more on any items with us (even discounted items) and you can spread the cost with finance. It only takes minutes and you don't even need to leave a deposit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.