DiamondBack Ranger 2.0 27.5 FS Electric Mountain Bike
Viewing essential. Collection Only.
For the serious amateur off-road cyclist, this eMTB could well be all you need. Not a great friend of the road (for commuting perhaps) it is a dirt lover of the highest order.
Ranger 2.0 Features
Built around the Shimano E8000, 250W crank motor and with a 500 Watt hour battery, this off road beast will eat up the miles… and miles and miles! Keeping the weight low and close to the crank, the battery is mounted low on the frame for better weight distribution.
The front Rockshox Yari RC 27+ forks and rear Rockshox Monarch RT3 Debonair ML3 shock both have 140mm of travel which is ample for going at good speeds over rough terrain. These can be locked out for climbing too.
11-42t, 11 speed Shimano Deore gearing system with rapid-fire shifters provides for fast, accurate gear changes and a really good set of ratios that will suit you on uphill and downhill sections alike.
Speed is controlled using the Shimano M-315 hydraulic disc brakes, which on 180mm front and rear rotors is more than enough to finely control your speed - or come to a stop quickly - in almost any conditions you will encounter on the hill.
The bike connects with the trail on WTB RANGER 2.8”, 27.5” wheels that are great for gripping mud, but aren’t the best for road. You will definitely enjoy blasting about on the hills on the DiamondBack Ranger 2.0 27.5 FS Electric Bike but this is very much an off-road specialist bike!
Shimano XT E8000 motor and 500Wh battery
For this edition of Ranger bikes, Diamondback have fit the 250W Shimano XT E8000 motor and huge 500 Watt hour battery. Together this means the crank motor will kick like a mule when you ask it to and keep on kicking as you charge along the flat or uphill sections.
Controlling the system is with the Shimano display that sits on the left handlebar and shows you just the parameters you need. The buttons are designed to be hard wearing and controllable even in gloves, and the power system can be moved between settings with just a few clicks.
- 27+ Alloy 6061 frame, featuring 140mm VPP link suspension, BOOST spacing and built in motor guard
- ROCKSHOX YARI RC 27+ 140mm travel suspension forks match to a Monarch RT3 rear shock deliver deliver a smooth ride on varying terrain
- Shimano XT STEPS E8000 centre mount motor with 500wh Battery
- Shimano XT 11-speed derailleurs for smooth gear shifting
- Shimano M-315 Hydraulic brakes, offer a powerful and controlled braking actions
- WTB RANGER 2.8" tyres with light, fast, and consistent handling
- Motor: Shimano XT E8000
- Frame: 27+ Alloy 6061 frame, featuring 140mm VPP link suspension, BOOST spacing and built in motor guard
- Forks: ROCKSHOX YARI RC 27+ 140mm travel, 110mm BOOST spacing, Defussion Black
- Rear Suspension: ROCKSHOX Monarch RT3 Debonair ML3 Tune 190x57mm
- Gears: Shimano XT 11 spd, Shadow Plus
- Brakes: SHIMANO M-315 Hydraulic, 180mm Rotor
- Wheels: WTB Scraper i40 27+ 32H
- Tyres: WTB Ranger 27.5x2.8, Comp 27tpi Casing, Wire Bead
- Battery: Shimano XT E8000 500WH - up to 108 Miles on Eco Mode*
* This will vary depending on weight of user, terrain and mode of pedal assistance used.